Friday, September 14, 2012

Over

          I feel like I am ALWAYS rambling on about music, but I just can't help it. I LOVE music! It changes everything. Of course usually, all it does is increase or intensify the feelings or mood you are already in-but why should that make it less special? There are a few songs that truly touch through to my soul (cliche? yes) and make me feel like someone in the bizarre universe actually understands how I am feeling. I had one of these ridiculous moments last night when I was listening to the song by Blake Shelton called Over.
Now let me analyze this a little....
If I could
I would dare
Feed your dreams
And starve your fears
 
Okay, stop. AH!!! Its already perfect. I love it. Saps like me FEED off of this crap. Its wonderful and I-being a lover of writing, TRULY appreciate the language in the first four lines!!  FEED YOUR DREAMS and STARVE YOUR FEARS? Its perfect!!! Its too good to be true-that much is obvious but somehow it just makes this fictional character-aka Blake Shelton SO freaking wonderful. It does seem to give a little hope...I know but I only said a little. Now let me reiterate that when you are completely depressed and sobbing out of your mind sad, this song does make it worse. Okay, now the rest of the verse. 

If I
could
Light the world
We could sit
And watch it burn
We could fall asleep inside the glow

I do feel like this part is kinda cool too, but its not my most favorite-brings goosebumps-causes tingly kinda feelings. Still..it is Blake and that's classy.

So tell me what I gotta do to win you over
You'll never have to wonder if you need another
You'll never have to wonder if I understand
And every time you reach for me you'll find a hand out

I'm telling you, these words are MAGIC :) I love them. Its like every stupid silly ridiculous hopeless romantic's perfect idea of what love should really be like. Do we all believe in it? No, and in fact hardly any do...song writers of course can say whatever they want that sells; because, its the dramatics that make the money. But me? I love it for the honest pure innocence of the words that I dream could happen one day. It creates the truly ideal character...who puts in REAL effort, is there when it matters most and is someone you can ALWAYS rely on. I know, no one like that actually exists-but the thought is so endearing its hard not to fall in love with! The words are beautiful...I love Blake.

If I could

Take you in
Feeling you deep
Beneath my skin

Then I could
Slip away
With you as a poison in my veins
I don't wanna fall asleep alone
And wake up knowing that I died without the one

Okay, stop. Again, too perfect. Is this not how every freaking girl in America feels? Obviously the physical comfort of being held in the arms of another is one thing too wonderful to describe, but the emotion behind it is what makes it so honest. No one likes to fall asleep alone...For me especially its the time when you feel most lonely-most vulnerable, the most broken. We all dream of falling asleep beside someone who loves us. The feeling of waking up actually feeling safe or happy instead of dreading facing another day...it makes quite a difference. Besides who doesn't want to be poison in someone's veins? It would just be cool. That's all. 

So
tell me what I gotta do to win you over
You'll never have to wonder if you need another
You'll never have to wonder if I understand
And every time you reach for me you'll find a hand out
Ohhh

If I could
I would dare
Feed your dreams
And starve your fears... 
 
Considering both of those are repeats, I think its fairly obvious how I feel about this song. It is wonderful. Truly awesome. Of course I was crying my eyes out .. listen to it! Gosh its perfect. A dream that seems so far out of reach...something that might not ever come my way, but I'll dream it anyway. I'll always dream it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment