Thursday, August 9, 2012

baby on the mind

          There is something about a baby...holding one, looking at one, talking to one-its just different. It really becomes super hard to focus on anyone else around you because you just become absorbed...at least I do. People talk and I can't even comprehend what's being said because I'm so amazed, completely in awe at the miracle before me. It's the little things that seem so magical...like the twitch of their nose or the flicker of their eye...the way they wrap their little hand around one finger and the amazingly precious little sounds they make when they fall asleep cuddled to your chest. 
           It seems like nothing else matters. For some reason I have always felt like babysitting was never really work...I mean they cry but its just sad. All I want to do is find some way to stop their little heart from crying...most girls do I guess-we want to comfort. Of course that's always easier said than done..when you have a baby who has been crying for hours it becomes a little hard to have the same kind of patience-but you find it; usually, after you have them settled down and your just staring into their face as they eat. I really love holding a baby...
          Lately though, it feels different...holding a baby. It makes me think a lot more I guess. It feels more real...strangely more comforting. Like when I don't want to be around people (which honestly is most days), I just need to hold my beautiful baby cousin and everything else melts away...all the trouble, all the problems, the stress, the worry...it fades because I know that at the end of the day there is just nothing more incredible. Babies bring such peace it almost seems like the crying, the changing, and the feeding all seem rather small compared to the joy that is brought because of their existence. There are times when I actually miss feeling like that...although still terrifying, I think eventually everything will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment