Saturday, June 30, 2012

xoxoxo

          I have always and WILL always LOVE country music. When people say they don't like it, I genuinely do NOT understand. I love ALL music though, and I believe it has the most amazing healing powers. After all, what else can change your attitude...what else can help you find the words to describe things you are feeling? NOTHING! Truly, I love music; although, I'm not about to ramble on again about how much I love music-like I always do. No, this is merely to explain my real post. I found a song, a song I have known for quite a while really; but, I listened to it differently this time. Instead of just singing along, I really LISTENED to the lyrics and I realized I had finally found a song worthy of explaining my feelings for the last three months of my life. Music has a way of making us grateful, I think its because it helps us discover how much we really have. It reminds us that things can always be worse and that the truly important things in life are always there when we look.
          I never actually use names in my blog, I'm not sure why. I think the mystery is fun. Anyway, while my life has changed, my location, my friend status...my feelings, my clothes, my mode of transportation, my job, there is one thing that has remained constant and wonderful-my angel. Cliche much? Of course...it is me speaking after all...still, he has been the one great and maybe only friend through everything. Gratitude is a hard thing to express sometimes. There aren't always adequate words or actions that come close to saying thank you. To him, I will never find a way. He has been the BEST friend in spite of everything I have put him through. Every once in a while, I feel like God sends us special presents; but, by far he is the greatest surprise I have ever gotten. No one else could have been so patient, so KIND, or so helpful as he has been. I feel lucky really.
          There are people you meet in life that inspire you, there are people you look up to, and there are people that just make you a better person. Fortunately, he has been everything and more for me. I feel like he has saved my life in so many ways. When everything seemed wrong and confusing, he gave me something to believe in...he restored my hope-and, through it all he has gained my trust, my utmost and most sincere appreciation, and most importantly-my heart. People come in and out of your life for certain reasons and not everyone stays around for the whole thing. I have to say, I have experienced the feelings of loss, I have lost people closest to me, and at some point I have had people who chose to leave; but, it all led me to him. No matter what happens, I know we will always be friends. Even if I had to go through everything I am just for him, I still got the better end of the deal.
          Its hard not to spend your lfie wishing or dreaming. There are things you will always want...no matter what. There are things that seem completely out of reach; but just because the fantasy CHANGES doesn't mean it won't bring joy and peace to your life. Regardless, I will always wish that I could be different...that things between us could be different, or simply that I could find some way to be half as great of friend to him as he has been to me. There just is no other way then to say he has changed my life and from the bottom of my heart I will ALWAYS be so thankful for his support. I think its crucial to have someone in your life who reminds you why its FUN to be yourself. Someone who makes you smile, helps you LAUGH and makes life into a wonderful song. Without that...its much too easy to forget the important things-find someone who can help you dream again...at least believe in the possibility. That's the point.
          Anyway, this song basically hits it on the head-the way I feel about him. How can I ever say thank you enough...


Blake Shelton. God Gave Me You


I've been a walking heartacheI've made a mess of meThe person that I've been lately
Ain't who I wanna be


But you stay here right beside me
And watch as the storm blows through
And I need you


Cause God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubtAnd for when I think I lost my wayThere are no words here left to say, it's true
God gave me youGave me you


There's more here than what we're seeing
A divine conspiracyThat you, an angel lovely
Could somehow fall for me
You'll always be love's great martyr
And I'll be the flattered fool
And I need you
Yeah!


God gave me you for the ups and downsGod gave me you for the days of doubt
And for when I think I lost my way
There are no words here left to say, it's true
God gave me youOn my own I'm only
Half of what I could be
I can't do without you
We are stitched together
And what love has tethered
I pray we never undo
Cause God gave me you for the ups and downs

God gave me you for the days of doubtGod gave me you for the ups and downsGod gave me you for the days of doubt
And for when I think I lost my way
There are no words here left to say, it's true
God gave me you, gave me you.
He gave me you.


He gave me you...

2 comments: