Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Song Of My Heart...

          Music is such an incredible thing. Listen to any song and it can absolutely change your mood. There is a playlist for every emotion. I have my jam out/kick a cleaning list, my work out list, my sad I just got rejected list, and my happy singing in the car-roll down the window and put on my lip gloss list. I also have an angry at the world list, and an I feel like singing list. Music just helps me figure out what I'm feeling. When I listen to a sad song, it's like the lyrics reach into my soul and I start to relate to the artist. I'm sure it sounds super corny but it's the truth. Whenever I experience pain, it's so easy to feel like no one else in the entire world knows how I feel. Its as if the world should stop for my sadness...but it doesn't. Life goes on and people continue on in their life and I keep feeling isolated, lonely, and angry. Yet, every once in a while I hear a song and for a moment I stop. I stop feeling sorry for myself and I realize that somewhere in this big world there is someone else who is hurting...someone else who's pain is like mine-someone else who had their heart broken and know's what it feels like to feel so small and so insignificant...so unimportant that you believe no one would even notice if you just disappeared. There is some comfort in knowing that SOMEONE out in the world feels that too. I will never meet them, I won't ever know their name or their circumstance...I won't know their heart; but, something magic brings us together-the music...the lyrics that individualize our pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment